The 8:43 am Effect...

Monday, March 15, 2010

Oh well...

Had a very interesting day today... read along ...

Faccha at 8.43 am
Holy Jesus!! I am dead... I am screwed.... Where the hell are my jeans... The shirt smells ok.. I am forgetting something... Oh Shit!!.. where is the casemat ???... I swear I was reading it yesterday night... or was it the day before... Darn!!!... I am gonna be late...That's it... I gibbup!!...
Takes one last look under the bed, finds his OM casemat, rushes out grabbing the Axe Effect deodorant. The faccha now does what he has trained for - Multitasking. While jumping down the stairs, buttoning up his shirt, buckling his belt, putting his mobile phone in the silent mode and trying to spray the Deo - all this at the same time .... Oh!!.. he is doing all this with holding the biblical OM casemat..

Meanwhile,... at precisely the same time ..
a Tuccha at 8.43 am
Holy Jesus!! I am dead... I am screwed.... Where the hell are my jeans... The shirt smells ok.. I am forgetting something... Oh Shit!!.. where is my glass ???... I swear I was drinking from it yesterday night... or was it the day before... Darn!!!... Why is it so bloody bright ??...That's it... I gibbup!!...
Takes one last look under the bed, finds his glass.... and now wonders two things
a) Why, in the holy name of the Lord, is he awake at 8.43 am ??
b) Why do dorms smell so nice in the mornings ?

At this point, the Tuccha's brain goes into a mental hibernation mode... At first, he tries to figure out if its worth figuring out the answers to what he was wondering about. By this time, other distractions creep in such as the Economic Times, the bhajan that is blaring from one of the fellow tuccha's room since 4 am and the eternally golden question -
I think I should go back to sleep.... Should I ?
This question is quickly resolved by opening up the internal IM Dbab. He goes to the Mess NB and clicks on the Menu for 15th Mar, Monday - Posted by JhanDhoo
"
Breakfast
Onion Poha
Namkeen
Lime Juice
mix fruit
Regular Menu"

....and soon the tuccha is back cozily tucking himself back in his nice cot... Multitasking - Refreshing the playlist on his Winamp player, redoing and clearing his bed, showing the empty Antiquity Blue bottles out of his room
all this with just one hand
....and reading the Economic Times as well....

Now... if only I knew why is it that the dorm stank when I was a faccha and now it smells of the Axe Effect .... I wonder why ??!!!



0 comments: